Hard Work is Evident Through Graduation Rates at Santa Fe High

Aidan Winter, Editor

Santa Fe High School’s cohort graduation rate for 2015 rose nearly three percentage points to 69.9 percent based on data PED released last week. This is GREAT news for our students and our school. The rate increased from 67.1 percent the previous year. It is higher than the statewide average of 68.6 percent. BRAVO to all teachers and support personnel who made this happen.

This is just another piece of solid evidence of how we are working hard to move Santa Fe High School forward. We are reimaging a school where ALL students find success in a highly challenging, technologically-rich learning environment.

Mrs. Massey personally invites you to our campus to see for yourself all of the wonderful opportunities students are afforded in our Academies: Arts/Humanities, Innovation/Engineering, and Culinary Arts/Hospitality.

Specifically, we are dedicated to:
· Clearly build on the 21st Century skills of creative and critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and cultural understanding.

• Offering rigorous, highly engaging course work that gives students strong voice and choice in their learning.
• Creating a school culture where students have a strong sense of belonging and an ownership of their education and their school.
• Providing students with high-level skills and ways of thinking that prepare them to shape their futures and contribute to their local and global community.
• Providing access to appropriate college preparation and coursework to facilitate students’ post-secondary plans.
• Fully accessing rich community resources available in Santa Fe to support the Academy approach to education.

Please contact Mary Massey to discuss the future SFHS is building for your child!