The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Adrian Gonzales

Adrian+Gonzales

Coach Adrian Gonzales teaches health and P.E. He is also the offensive coordinator for the varsity football team. He joined the staff of Santa Fe High in 2023. 

About Santa Fe High he said, “The school is a lot bigger than I am accustomed to, but I really enjoy it.” He taught for 18 years at West Las Vegas High and Middle schools.

Coach Adrian was born and raised in Las Vegas, N.M., where he attended New Mexico Highlands University. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Human Performance & Sport and a master’s in Exercise Science.

“It was in my hometown,” he said of his college experience, adding, “I slacked off my first year and then buckled down and embraced adulthood.’’

Coach Adrian likes to coach football. He also enjoys hanging out with his son, who is a football fan. In his free time he likes to play Call of Duty. “XBOX, baby!” he said.

As a teacher, Coach Adrian likes to share experiences with students that they can relate to and build on on their own. And, he clarified, “I prefer students to call me Coach Adrian, or just Coach.”

“I love coaching football,” he said. “I ended up finding out that coaching football and teaching were pretty much the same thing. When you teach something, and the material is grasped, I find it very rewarding.”

And, he has some advice for students: “Remember that everything you do has a consequence. It can be good or bad. Weigh the pros and the cons before partaking in any type of activity.”