The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Gina Branch 

Gina+Branch%C2%A0

Cheer coach Mrs. Gina Branch joined the Santa Fe High Staff as activities coordinator in 2022. Before that she was the cheer coach from 2009 to 2019, took a break for three years, and resumed coaching in 2022. 

As activities coordinator, Mrs. Branch oversees all Santa Fe High activities, such as assemblies, dances, and pep rallies; she also documents all security drills. She says her favorite part of the job is getting to know the students, “getting to meet different kids from different backgrounds.”  

Before working at SFHS, Mrs. Branch worked at the New Mexico Department of Health for 25 years, most recently as an information technology support desk manager. “Already being in one career, I was ready to take on a new one,” she says.

Mrs. Branch is the mother of Ms. Marissa Branch, who is a SFHS teacher and also one of the cheer coaches. She explains that it was watching her daughter, Marissa Branch, that motivated her to learn the sport of cheer: “Seeing my daughter’s spirit and how happy it made her,” she says. She also enjoys meeting new colleagues. 

All three of the Branch children graduated from Santa Fe High, and Mrs. Branch’s grandson is currently a student. She herself is a member of the class of 1988. 

Some of Mrs. Branch’s hobbies include watching old movies, baking, hiking, spending time with her grandkids, and coaching.

Senior Carissa Anaya said about Mrs. Branch, “She’s a very accepting person. She cares about us like our school mom.”