The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Fubo: The Future of Sports TV

Fubo TV is an emerging player in the streaming services realm that provides sports and entertainment for a fraction of the cost of cable TV.  Fubo TV, according to US News and World Report, was number 1 in sports streaming services in the U.S. in 2023.

So what makes Fubo a more appealing option for many cable consumers? 

First, Fubo focuses on streaming channels that cover sporting events. Sports fans that would otherwise have to purchase a cable package with unwanted miscellaneous channels, limited sports coverage, and dozens of added fees, can pay for only what they want – more sports!  

According to Reviews.org, “FuboTV has more sports channels than any other live TV streaming service (or any TV service, for that matter).”

Fubo offers three payment plans: “Pro,” for  $74 per month; “Elite,” for $84 per month; and “Ultimate,” for $99 per month, all of which provide the ability to watch up to ten screens at once. The Pro plan provides 170 channels. The Elite package includes 239 channels and 4K resolution. The Ultimate plan provides 283 channels, 4k resolution, Showtime, and NFL RedZone. 

By comparison, Fubo’s competition, Xfinity, costs $125 per month.

As a sports fan myself, I consider Fubo to be a good option.

I like watching hockey. My team, the Colorado Avalanche, has been at war with Xfinity for the past two years. Xfinity refuses to carry the Avalanche games. But with Fubo, I can watch the channel that the Avalanche are broadcast on for half the price of cable, without any blackouts. 

A problem for soccer fans is that the UeFa Champions League is broadcast on the CBS Sports Network, but with cable, you usually have to pay more for that channel. This channel is available on Fubo without paying extra.

Another positive is that since Fubo is a streaming service, you can watch on your phone, tablet, or computer, from wherever you are. You don’t need a TV, as with cable. In addition, the Xfinity mobile app blocks channels such as CBS and Fox when you’re not at home. But since Fubo is a streaming service, you can watch CBS and Fox on the go, in addition to NBC, ABC, and Disney News. 

Streaming is clearly the future of viewing sports games.