Tim Beckmon

Tim+Beckmon

Tattler Staff

Mr. Beckmon has been teaching high school since 1971. He knew after the first few days of student teaching that he had chosen the right profession. He is the Credit Recovery Site Coordinator.

Mr. Beckmon’s first teaching assignment was at Shashe River School in Tonota, Botswana, where he was a Peace Corps Volunteer and learned to speak the local language, Setswana.  Since then he has taught chemistry, mathematics and biology at Santa Fe Indian School, Capital High School, the Academy at Larragoite, Santa Fe Community College and Santa Fe High School.

He earned his bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University and a master’s degree and Ed. Spec. from the University of New Mexico. He has also done graduate studies in chemistry at the University of Northern Colorado and the University of Northern Arizona.

Mr. Beckmon comes from a long line of equestrians and owned and operated SkiesRBlue Stables for 23 years. He also rides with two English styled fox hunting clubs, the Juan Tomas Hounds and Caza Ladron.  In New Mexico, however, he states that fox hunting is fast riding behind a pack of hounds that are chasing coyotes.

In addition to equestrian activities, he enjoys big game hunting and spending time with his family at Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo.