SFHS Drama Presents Rumors

Noah Snow, Contributor

Rumors, Santa Fe High’s first play of the year, will premiere Oct. 19.

The play is about two characters, Charley and Myra Brock, whose tenth anniversary party is falling apart. Myra is nowhere to be found, and Charley has accidentally shot himself in the head. As the guests arrive at the party, more and more people find out until the entire group knows the situation and tries to figure out, through a series of comical conversations and witty remarks, what to do.

Mr. Meschefske, the drama teacher, said, “I want it to be a nice and enjoyable production for the audience.”

Sophie Colson, who plays Claire, explained why she joined the play: “I love theater, so it was kind of inevitable.” She said her character is gossipy, has to know all the dirt on everyone, and is sort of a mean girl.

Ben Goeller, who plays Lenny, explained why he joined the play: “I like acting. I like to act, and I want to try something new.” He says his character is a tax attorney who likes to be the one in charge, but he’s bad at it. He is married to Claire.

Mr. Meschefske said there will be four shows this year, and that the next plays will have larger casts. He explained that forty people auditioned for this play, but there were only ten places in the actual play.

The show runs Oct. 19, 20, and 21 at 7:33 p.m. Tickets are $7 for adults, $6 for senior citizens and students under 18, and $5 for inducted Thespian Club members. Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance at https://www.santafehigharts.org/. (The play may not be appropriate for children under 12.)