The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

There’s No Place Like Homecoming

Ashley Aguilar Nava, Author

When thinking of Homecoming, what comes to mind? The game? The dance? What to wear or who to go with?

It all starts with voting for Homecoming royalty, which will be on Thurs., Oct. 5, during lunch through a Google form under the portal in front of A building.

The girls running for Homecoming Queen are Megan Berry, Sydney Lam, Felicity Tafoya, Andrea Garcia, Alicia Hicks, Elena Ortega, Ariana Gomez, Alexis Gomez and Aundria Garcia.

“I think it would be fun, and I have always wanted to be a homecoming queen,” Sydney said.

The boys running for Homecoming King are Lucas Granata, Luc Robertson, Dylan Ramirez, Che Muller, Christian Kavanaugh, Alejandro Gutierrez and Daniel Rivera.

Then there’s Spirit Week. There is no school on Monday, Oct. 9, but each day following there will be games and music on the Plaza at lunch, along with a fun dress theme: Tuesday (Oct. 10) is Tie-dye Day, Wednesday (Oct. 11) is College Frat/Sorority Day, Thursday (Oct. 12) is Hawaiian/Tourist Day, and Friday (Oct. 13) is the day to wear Demon gear.

The Homecoming game is Oct. 13 at 7 p.m., against Escalante High School, in Ivan Head Stadium.

The dance is Oct. 14 from 7 to 11 p.m. in the gym. The theme for this year is “All Gold Everything.” The dress code is semi-formal. Students who have attended the dance in the past say that the boys generally wear a suit and tie, and the girls wear anything from a dress to a dressy skirt and jacket, with flats, sandals, or high heels.

“I was so excited to go to Homecoming and experience the dance, but I got sick and had to miss the game and dance,” one student said. “I was so devastated, but this year nothing stopping me from going.”

Larissa Trujillo, a sophomore who went to the game and dance last year said, “My friends and I had a great time even though my feet were killing me from wearing big high heels. But other than that I had fun and [am] hoping to go again.”

All students are welcome at the dance. Tickets are $15 and can be bought during lunch under the portal in front of A building. (Tickets will be sold at the dance also, but they will cost $20.)