The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Thrift Store in A-Building!

The Botany and Sustainability Club hosted a thrift store where students could buy and donate clothes and other items. This happened on Feb. 5 and 6, in the bottom of A building.

Students brought old jackets and clothes to donate or swap or put up for sale for $1 to $5.

According to Ms. Noonan, the Botany and Sustainability Club was originally hoping to get a greenhouse going, but they were talking about other ways of raising money and they decided to start a shop where old clothes could be swapped or purchased. They think this could be a way for students to share resources.

During the fundraiser there were mostly clothes for students, mainly for women, but the club raised over $200. They also had additional clothes and could potentially be doing another pop-up sale. Overall the club was pleased with how the fundraiser went.

The money the Botany and Sustainability Club raises will go toward a fund for next year, such as snacks for members during lunch meetings and materials for the club.

The club is also planning a garden party for April, which will be a seed swap and a distribution of container gardens. This will be funded by donations in grants, but it will be a free community event that will allow students and the SFHS community to get materials for their gardens as well as outdoor education experience.

The Botany and Sustainability Club is planning more fundraisers and seed swaps in the future.