The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Julia Hoffman

Julia+Hoffman

Julia Hoffman, an English teacher who joined the Santa Fe High staff in early 2022, was born and raised in Santa Fe. She attended Santa Fe High School and graduated in 2007. 

Ms. Hoffman studied at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. She earned her bachelor’s degree in history at the University of New Mexico and then earned a master’s in global entertainment and music business at Berklee College of Music’s international campus, in Valencia, Spain. She then earned a second master’s in TESOL (Teaching English as a Second or (Other Language) at City University of New York. 

Ms. Hoffman was eager to study history because, she says, her “younger self” taught her to make connections with the world around her and past events. She studied global entertainment and the music business because she had been booking music tours in Buenos Aires, Argentina, at the time. 

Ms. Hoffman began her teaching career in 2020; before that, she hadn’t considered it as an option. She even told herself when she was in college that she would never become a teacher. Nevertheless, according to her, “It just happened.” Ms. Hoffman is a big fan of traveling, having lived in six countries: Germany, Canada, USA, Argentina, Spain and Ecuador.“I love to go to Spanish speaking countries,” she said, adding that she hopes to maybe teach Spanish one day. “It’s similar to what I’m doing now,” she states, explaining that in addition to English language arts, she teaches English language development classes to English learners.

At home, Ms. Hoffman cares for her young daughter and spends time in the garden. She likes to take trips to the pool or see music at the railyard. She is also a big fan of yoga.

Ms. Hoffman loves her job. “I get to know students from all over the world,” she says. She adores the fact that every day is different, and that she gets a summer break.