The student news site of Santa Fe High School

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

The Demon Tattler

Polls

Will you be attending the prom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

21 Clubs at SFHS! Find Yours Here

(Clubs are listed in no particular order.)

Ukulele Club

Play ukulele with friends! No experience? No problem. Learn chords and strumming patterns as you go. 

Meets Mondays at lunch in BC 003

Advisor: Mr. Smith and Mx. Walukas

Chess Club

Play chess after school!

Meets most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays after school in ACT-004.

Advisor: Mr. Champion

Botany and Sustainability Club

Open to all students, we are working on garden projects on campus and beyond. Currently working to set up the school greenhouse, cultivate winter garden plants, care for pollinator plants, and design a large-scale mural for a nearby community park. We will have our annual Garden Party event again in April. Join us and find out more with a different plant featured by students each week!

Meets Thursdays at lunch, SCI-324

Advisor: Ms. Noonan

Science Bowl Team

If you think being called a nerd is a badge of honor and like trivia, check out the Science Bowl Team.  In March, we will compete in the DOE’s NM Regional Science Bowl against other NM schools.

Meets Tuesdays at lunch, Sci-421

Sponsor: Mr. Buschman

WAVE 

WAVE is a student-driven club that promotes student wellness and improves school climate by providing mentorship to middle school students and peers at SFHS. We attend training sessions and work creatively as a team on issues such as suicide prevention, substance abuse, bullying, LGBTQ+ issues, promoting positive choices, and gun violence. We also do community service projects with Community Schools, run by Tommy Rodriguez. Meets Tuesdays at 12:15 in the library (in the counseling area)

Sponsor: Mr. Enloe, Ms. Chacon

Key Club

Key Club is an international student-led organization that provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character, and develop leadership.

Meets the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month at lunch in VA-101

Sponsor:  Ms. Ward; Lynette Kennard Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe Sponsor

Youth and Government 

Youth and Government provides students with a new level of experience-based learning on how state government works. Club members will get government-savvy by learning about everything from the inner-workings of the judicial system, to the media’s impact on government, to how to draft and debate bills. Youth and Government also helps students improve core skills that can benefit them in everyday life including leadership, collaboration and public speaking.

Meets Thursdays at lunch, A-227

Sponsor: Ms. Karasic

Bilingual Club – Bilingual Seal Club

Students practice bilingual/multilingual skills. Bilingual/multilingual seniors work towards the New Mexico Bilingual-Biliteracy Seal process.

Meets Wednesdays during lunch, A137

Sponsor: Ms. Beltrán

National Honor Society

Organized to promote academic excellence and service to the community, NHS facilitates students volunteering with nonprofits and other local organizations in the area.

Must be 10th grade or above to join. Applications available in March 2024 for following school year. 

Meets Mondays at lunch, Sci-321

Sponsor: Mr. Pitman  

Model United Nations

This club fields teams to create an authentic simulation of the UN General Assembly and UN Security Council, introducing students to the world of diplomacy, negotiation, and decision making. 

Meets Fridays at lunch, A-005

Sponsor: Mr. Eadie

Amnesty International

Amnesty International members fight injustice and promote human rights. Members discuss these issues and raise school and community awareness of human rights abuses across the globe. Tea and coffee is served at every meeting.

Meets Tuesdays at lunch, A-136

Sponsor: Ms. Bunker

Thespian Society

The Thespian Society is student-run and promotes the performing and dramatic arts at SFHS; affiliated with the International Thespian Society. 

Meets every other Thursday at lunch in the theater, in the Performing Arts building

Sponsor: Mr. Reed

Stock Market Club

Learn about stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Create an investment team and invest $100,000. Buy and sell stocks, bonds, and mutual funds in real time. Compete in The Stock Market Game challenge and win prizes at the state level. (We had the state high school winning team in 2017-2018 and 2020-2021!) Meets every other Thursday at lunch (11:50-12:25) in A-003

Sponsor: Mr. Caldwell

Hiking Club

Check out the awesome trails in and around Santa Fe! Make some new friends and explore local forests!  We will have a sign-up sheet for each hike, so we can carpool. Parents are invited as well. 

Meets Wednesdays at lunch in A-129

Sponsor: Mr. Langley

Sexuality and Gender Acceptance Club (SAGA)

This club provides an essential safe and supportive space for LGBTQ+ teens and allies to discuss, learn about, and act on sexuality and gender issues.

Meets Fridays at lunch, A 003 (Caldwell’s room)

Sponsor: Mx. Walukas, Mr. Caldwell, Mr. Puckett, Dr. Buhl

Student Government

This club is a group of students that are in charge of managing a wide range of events, activities, programs, policies and initiatives around school.

Meet Wednesdays at lunch, Library (community room)

Sponsor: Mrs. Branch 

Mentorship Program

The program is designed for motivated and compassionate senior and junior role models interested in a commitment to 9th and 10th graders in need of support for an entire year. The program primarily entails mentoring and supporting 9th and 10th graders with the support of the counseling department, principal, and truancy coach. Detailed leadership and mentorship training is provided, along with ongoing assistance and community engagement events.

Meets: 2nd and 4th Thursday during lunch in the library

Sponsor: Mrs. Jackson 

Gaming Club

Do you like having fun? Do you like board games, Magic The Gathering, chess, card games, and video games? Then this club is for you!  

Meets every day at lunch, BC-103

Sponsors: Mx. Walukas (and others)

Ballet Folklorico

Learn to dance Traditional Mexican Dance

Meets every Tuesday in the Dance Studio (Performing Arts) from 4:15-5:15 pm

Sponsors:  Mrs. Romp

The Book Club/Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)

The Book club/FCA is also open to non-athletes. 

Meets every Wednesday at lunch in A-207

Sponsors: Mr. Jones and Mrs. Moser

Table Tennis/Ping Pong

The tables are open before school and at lunch. The tables are on the bottom floor of A- building. Play is to Eleven (11) points and you play until you lose. 

Sponsor: Pederson