Tammy Anaya

Tammy+Anaya

Aisha Hita, Author

Tammy Anaya joined the Santa Fe High Staff in 2021 as a forensic science teacher.

Born and raised in Santa Fe, she graduated from Santa Fe High in 2003. ¨I was very involved in sports and clubs while I attended school,” she said, explaining that she participated in the Demonette Lady Blues (the dance team) and joined many clubs, including student government, prom committee, Future Farmers of America, and floral design. She was senior editor of the yearbook and student body president for her senior class. Also while in high school, she enrolled in courses at the Santa Fe Community College.

Mrs. Anaya attended UNM, where she earned her bachelor of science degree in biology and bachelor of arts degree in Spanish. Before returning to Demon Country, she worked at LabCorp and the Higher Education Department. She also held positions in federal and state government and at Christus St. Vincent’s Regional Medical Center. 

Currently, Mrs. Anaya is working on getting her master’s in education from Highlands University. 

Mrs. Anaya said she loves teaching, especially the moment when she can see the “aha” expression a student makes when they “get it.” She finds it extremely rewarding to get to know students and mentor them through some of the hardships and challenges of growing up in Santa Fe. 

Regarding her classes, she said, “Forensic Science has always been a passion of mine,” explaining that she is interested in forensic crimes, investigation, and biology. 

In addition to teaching, Mrs. Anaya coaches volleyball and cheerleading at Milagro Middle School, as well as her son’s Little League baseball team. 

Mrs. Anaya comes from a long line of Demon Alumni; she is married to an alum and they have two children. There is no lack of Demon Pride when it comes to Mrs. Anaya, and one thing is for sure: Mrs. Anaya loves giving back to her community! 

“Go Demons!” she said.