Ronaldo Olivas: Graduated 2006

What was your most memorable high school moment?

I made the game-winning goal to win the city tournament for soccer. I had re-broken my arm and almost came out of the game, but instead I stayed in and found the back of the net. It was a really awesome feeling at the time, and when they announced it at school, it felt pretty cool. What is funny too is that I’m not really in any photos after because while everyone was celebrating, I was too busy taking care of my arm.

What kind of person were you?

I think that I was the same person that I am now but without the same amount of experiences and maturity. I was a jock, but I also was in AP classes, so I was able to hang around all different kinds of groups. I got to see and learn quite a bit from a large variety of people and personalities.

How did high school impact you?

It’s four years of your life at a very important time in your life. You’re growing up quickly and there are lots of firsts. You start driving, you start thinking about post high school, and it all starts to hit you that you will be out on your own in the not-so-distant future.

What was world life like when you were in high school?

It was pre-Great Recession, or the housing bubble collapse, so I would say that everyone was living pretty well. Everyone’s parents seemingly had nice things and were doing well. Not that nice things means anything, but the economy was so good at that point that it was evident all over.

Are you doing what you thought you would be when you graduated?

Nope. And that’s a good thing because I could’ve never imagined that I would be working from home and having the opportunity to travel the world. It’s better than anything I could’ve imagined.

What was SFHS campus/school like?

The campus was the same as it is now, but everything was brand new. They built it all when I was there.

If you would tell your high school self one thing what would it be?

I think I would just tell myself about all of the things you can do as a grown up. I really wasn’t aware of all the different professions that exist. You know about the main ones (police, firefighter, doctor) and what’s in your family, but knowing more about all the others may have helped me better choose what I was looking for in college.

Do you have any advice to people in high school now?

Enjoy it but know that there is a lot of time ahead of you. High school isn’t for everyone, so whether you enjoyed it or not, just know that you’ll eventually find your stride and life gets better, believe it or not. Just make sure you take things seriously now, grades and whatnot, so that you have the opportunities you will want later in life. Even if you don’t know what that is quite yet.

The Demon Tattler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Demon Tattler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *