Your Guide to Homecoming

Elizabeth Saiz

A lot of thought has been put into this year’s homecoming. Student Government has been planning it for a long while.

The theme this year is Halloween. Karen Hare, head of Student Government, said, “We got to the conclusion through a vote, and being so close to Halloween gave them the idea.”

The week leading up to Homecoming is known as Spirit Week, when students and staff are encouraged to dress up according to a different theme each day: Monster Monday (Oct. 21); Demons vs. Angels Tuesday (Oct. 22); Twin Day Wednesday (Oct. 23); Throwback Thursday (Oct, 24; and Spirit Day Friday (Oct. 25, Demon wear).

The football game is against Del Norte on Fri., Oct. 25, in Ivan Head Stadium, beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is free with a student ID.

The dance is on Sat., Oct. 26 in the gym, from 7 to 11 p.m. Students are urged to buy their dance tickets early. The cost is $15, cash only, and they can be purchased on the plaza during lunch.

There are many candidates running for king and queen this year: Anjoli Griego, Arianna Gomez, Jakayla Sisneros, Amor Flores, and Alexis Castillo are running for Queen. David Lopez, Alvin Sosa, Abdel Hammad, and Erick Cabrera are running for King.

“I think it’s a tight race between Anjoli, Arianna and Jakayla for queen,” Cameo Duran, a sophomore in Student Gov., stated. “I’m not sure who’s ahead for king.”

Another student stated, “I’m actually looking forward to homecoming this year, although the theme seems sort of weird. All in all, I’ve always enjoyed going to this dance with my friends.”