Sarah Ramirez

Sarah+Ramirez

Yaritza Marquez, Author

Sarah Ramirez is a long-term substitute who is doing the job of a full-time teacher. She teaches Spanish for Native Speakers I and II, and English Language Development. She joined the Demon family in October of 2018.  

Santa Fe High was short a teacher because Mr. Gaspar, who wanted to return from Mexico for the job, could not get his visa issues resolved. Ms. Ramirez was offered the position and accepted. “It’s tough,” she said, and it “requires a lot of patience.” This is new environment for Ms. Ramirez since the high school she went to had only 400 students for grades 9 through 12.  

Born and raised in Colorado, Sarah attended Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, VA, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism and communications. She and her husband lived in Utah for four years and moved to Santa Fe in the summer of 2018.

In her free time, Ms. Ramirez loves taking her dogs, Chico and Cashew, hiking. She also likes snowboarding, doing puzzles, listening to live music, and traveling. She lived in Peru and Guatemala for seven months, traveled around Nicaragua for a month, and has been to many places in Mexico. 

Ms. Ramirez is also the Santa Fe High School swim coach. She would love for all of Santa Fe High staff and students to support the team!